Thursday, March 27, 2014

Gargoyles - A Movie Favorite



There's a new Mysterious Universe article from me on one of my all-time favorite movies.

It starts like this...

"Very often I get asked: what do you think of the way in which the movie industry treats the world of Cryptozoology? Well, that’s an extremely good question! There’s no doubt that, in my opinion, there are some excellent creature-themed movies out there. Unlike a lot of my friends and colleagues in the field, I really enjoyed The Mothman Prophecies that starred Richard Gere, Laura Linney and Alan Bates. Bob “Bobcat” Goldthwait’s Bigfoot-themed movie, Willow Creek, is fantastic. And I have a lot of great memories of The Valley of Gwangi. But, my favorite all-time movie of the cryptozoological kind? Without doubt it’s Gargoyles.

"Now, some might say that Gargoyles is not strictly cryptozoological. Instead, it might be argued that it’s a straightforward monster movie. I, however, disagree! And I’ll tell you why I disagree."

No comments:

Post a Comment